International travel is extremely popular these days. What are the advantages and disadvantages of this trend? Include your opinion and examples from your own experience.
In recent times, there has been strong growth in international travel. Although this trend brings many advantages it also has some negative effects that need to be considered.
One of the biggest advantages of international travel is it makes the world a safer place. People can experience and, more importantly, understand different cultures, which helps to reduce the chance of conflict between countries.
Another benefit is that international travel is good for economic growth. People can do business in different countries much more easily than in the past because travel times are now much shorter.
On the other hand, international travel can cause some security problems. It is difficult to keep track of everyone, and this may make it easier to carry out a terrorist attack. This also means security at airports needs to be stronger, which can lead to lengthy delays.
A clash of cultures is also another major disadvantage. Sometimes, cultural differences are so large that it can cause problems rather than understanding. For example, my friend visited a place where the local were eating dog, it was so shocking to her that it gave her a negative attitude towards the people in that country.
Generally speaking, the popularity of international travel is a positive thing. Although, it can lead to some negative outcomes, these problems can be solved through more travel rather than less.
- Practice a template (essay outline) that you can use for ANY topic. In this example, phrases like –
“One of the biggest advantages of [topic] is…” “Another benefit is…” “On the other hand…” “[Idea] is another major disadvantage.”
– can be used for any advantages vs. disadvantages essay.
2. You can also use some standard sentences for an advantages vs. disadvantages essay. For example, the second sentence of the introduction (“Although this trend brings many advantages it also has some negative effects that need to be considered.”) can be used for many topics.
3. If the essay prompt asks you, don’t forget to include a personal example. If you have never travelled overseas, just make something up!
4. Give your opinion in the conclusion. Try to pick a side (say whether the topic is a “good thing” or a “bad thing”) and balance it with the other side.